For an exceptional audio experience, a combination of soundbar, subwoofer and wireless rear speakers deliver a dynamic surround sound that fills your room. And with 600W output and Dolby Digital® you’ll get powerful sound that puts you at the heart of the action.
A total power output of 600W helps bring every movie scene to life.
A three channel bar speaker, rear speakers and a subwoofer work together to deliver big, full-frequency sound.
Enjoy dramatic, high-quality surround sound from 5.1 separate audio channels with Dolby® Digital.
With a wireless amplifier to power the rear speakers, there are no wires between the front and the rear of your room to get in the way. The subwoofer and soundbar also share a single power connection, so the system can deliver cinema sound without clutter or complexity.
For even fewer wires in your living room, you can send audio to your home theatre system wirelessly with a Sony BRAVIA TV supporting TV wireless connection.
It’s not just movies that sound amazing, the HT-S40R is made for music too.
Use Bluetooth® to wirelessly stream music from your smartphone.
Use the USB port to plug and play from a USB memory stick.
With a slim, compact soundbar, unobtrusive subwoofer and wireless rear speakers, the HT-S40R is designed to fit perfectly with BRAVIA TVs and complement your living room.
The punched-metal grill and ability to be wall-mounted make the soundbar a great match for any TV.
Compact, yet powerful wireless rear speakers effortlessly integrate with your room and can easily be wall mounted.
Place the wireless amplifier however you like – flat on a surface like a table, or mount it on the wall.
The HT-S40R is almost ready to go straight out of the box. Simply plug it in, wire up your main bar speaker using simple colour-coded connections and connect rear speakers via the wireless amplifier. Then sit back and enjoy 5.1 channels of real surround sound.
HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) lets you connect to compatible TVs with a single cable, reducing cable clutter.
TV not compatible with HDMI ARC? Enjoy high quality sound for movies and more when you connect to the optical input.
If HDMI ARC and the optical input aren’t an option, simply connect your TV using the analogue input.
A button for every sound – choose the one that’s right for whatever you’re watching or listening to. Take your pick from Auto Sound, Standard, Cinema or Music modes. You can choose Night and Voice modes when you need them and the subwoofer’s volume control to fine-tune your viewing experience.
Feel and hear the action all around you, as sound travels behind you and draws you into the movie experience.
Hear all the vividness and richness of your favourite music in fine detail.
Whether it’s the morning news or a season finale, this mode tailors sound settings to accentuate speech so you won’t miss a word.
Watching a movie at night? This function optimises the sound balance so you can hear everything clearly even at low volume levels.
SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
- Fill the room with 5.1ch, 600W real surround sound
- Enjoy Dolby® Digital audio
- Wireless rear speakers
- Easy Bluetooth® connectivity for music streaming
- Simple set-up with HDMI ARC, optical, and analogue inputs
Size & Weight
- MAIN UNIT SIZE – BODY ONLY (W × H × D) : 900×52×74.5mmMAIN UNIT WEIGHT – BODY ONLY : 2.0 kgSUBWOOFER SIZE (W × H × D) : 192×387×366mmSUBWOOFER WEIGHT : 7.8 kgREAR SPEAKER SIZE (W × H × D) (mm): 83×180×74.5 mmAMP BOX(W × H × D): 160×52×160mmAMP BOX(KG): 0.8kg
- AMPLIFIER TYPE: Digital Amplifier, S-MasterAMPLIFIER CHANNELS: 5.1chPOWER OUTPUT (TOTAL): 600W
- SUBWOOFER TYPE: Wired
- INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS: Analogue audio input (stereo mini),USB typeA,FAT32 / NTFS, Optical-audio inputBLUETOOTH VERSION: version5.0
- NUMBER OF INPUT/OUTPUT: Input / Output: 0 / 1 (ARC)
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- HDMI INPUT: Dolby Digital, LPCM 2ch, Dolby Dual mono
- OPTICAL INPUT: Dolby Digital, LPCM 2ch
- USB: WAV, MP3, WMA
- BLUETOOTH(RECEIVER): SBC
- SOUND MODE: Auto Sound, Cinema, MusicSOUND EFFECT: Night Mode, Voice Mode
- POWER CONSUMPTION: SW 55W / SUR 20WPOWER CONSUMPTION(ON QUICKSTART MODE): SW 0.5W / SUR 0.5WPOWER CONSUMPTION(ON REMOTE START MODE): SW 2W / SUR 0.5W
What’s In The Box
- Remote Control
- Batteries for remote commander
- HDMI Cable
- AC Cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card